With the busy lives that people have, sleep has just become a routine and not a necessity. The time people think of sleeping, that very minute they have an alarm set for waking up in the morning. People are not living; they are simply running along with the hands of a clock. People call this hard work to have a decent standard of living. In this swap, people neglect their sleep and end up inviting a lot of problems for themselves. You need to become an Observer and look within your schedule.
Importance of sleep
In the article, the importance of sleep is being highlighted. You might have noticed that just born children sleep for the entire day. Similarly, older adults sleep hardly for some time. It means that as the age increases, the sleep requirement decreases. However, even with the required sleep, people compromise it with other works they have. Almost everybody today is sleep-deprived and should try having more sleep.
Now, let’s see some of the problems that negligence of sleep can cause. You might know some of these, but you need to know them in detail to understand the intensity of sleep.
If you think that sleep is simply a waste of time and nothing else, you need to read the following points carefully. You might be causing a lot of harm to your body.
- The efficiency of brain functioning reduces because of lack of sleep.
- You shall feel lazy and fatigue throughout the day.
- You become vulnerable to headaches, sinus, migraines, etc. Besides, you are prone to catch sleep disorders like insomnia, etc.
- You might have difficulties in sleeping and might fully depend on pills.
- If you have to drive your way to work, there are chances of falling asleep and meeting an accident.
These are some of the disadvantages; there are many more. The awareness regarding the importance of sleep is highlighted on 19th March. It is celebrated as the world’s sleep day.