At present, the corporate world uses enhanced photography to make its product attractive. Customers…
1. Look for low-cost or free magazines and newspaper advertising. Cities of every size produce magazines and newspapers focused on the local community. These magazines often have lower advertising rates than the largest news publications in your area and can provide a more target customer base. Be careful because not all of these magazines and newspapers are beneficial. Look for the right advertisement to place in the publication. If the newspaper is mostly read by college students then this publication most likely wouldn’t fit your ideal target demographic.
Free House Cleaning Flyers
2. Look for opportunities to post advertisements with associations and businesses. Businesses large and small are always looking for discounts for their employees and provide a fantastic opportunity to post your services at a low-cost or even free. Consult locally owned businesses, even locally owned chains, and see if they would allow you to post a cleaning service flyer for their employees. Most business are willing if you offer some discount or package to their employees such as a 3rd or 5th free housecleaning for everyone who works at a particular business if they sign up with you. You might even be able to post a flyer at local schools and school boards run by parents.
3. Try Craigslist. Craigslist is a largely free internet service focused on providing services and services wanted in local areas. Searching through Craigslist can provide you a pretty good idea about the feasibility of posting an advertisement for your company. You can post advertisements in the “services offered” section, or even in the “free” section if you are offering a one-time free cleaning. If you decide Craigslist is going to be a valid option for you, be sure to carefully write your advertisement to include your contact number, email, and name.
4. Look for undercapitalized opportunities to advertise your housecleaning business. If you don’t want to pay for ad space in your local paper or yellow pages, look for yet unclaimed spaces where you can reach a target audience. Taxi’s are a great option for smaller cities, while public city buses are a good option to reach the general public if you want to do individual homes. Some companies have advertising in their restrooms, grocery shopping carts, back of grocery receipts and movie ads.
5. Try using direct mail to advertise your housecleaning business. We’ve all gotten pieces of mail that we’ve thrown away before we even think about what is inside the envelope. Ever wonder why companies continue to send you those pieces of mail? The comparatively cheap cost of stamps is an easy decision when compared to hundreds of dollars for a radio advertisement. You can use your local voter registration office to get a listing of addresses and names of people. If you decide to use mailings, make sure you have something on the outside of the envelope that will make people want to open your envelope instead of throw it in the trash.
6. Use an online ad system like Google AdWords. Although you might not think about the internet as a way to advertise, an online advertising system like Google AdWords can provide you with the ability to target people in your area who might be looking for a housecleaning service. Google will even make sure you don’t go over budget while telling you how many people saw your ad per day. Using an online system is a very efficient way to get customers and efficiency means less money wasted.
7. Use your current customer base to advertise your housecleaning business. What’s better than free advertising? Not much and your all of your existing customers is an opportunity for free advertising. Pass out coupons, business cards, flyers, and anything else you can think of to your existing customers so they will pass it to their friends and family. One of the most effective ways to encourage your customers to tell their friends about you is by setting up a referral system. You might tell your current customers that for every new customer they refer to you, you will give them one free cleaning a year. The better the deal, the more likely they are to give a referral.
8. Take extra time to self promote. You are your own biggest fan and you should be able to talk to anyone at anytime about your business. If you’re shy talking about yourself in front of people, try putting together flyers about what you do and carry them with you at all times and pass them out when you meet someone new.