Friday, 18 January, 2019

Missing US teenager found alive three months later

Missing teen whose parents were shot is found alive, suspect in custody BREAKING NEWS: Jayme Closs Found Alive in Douglas Co.
Melinda Barton | 11 January, 2019, 07:55

Jayme Closs, 13, who went missing nearly three months ago from her Wisconsin home, was located alive Thursday evening, according to the Barron County Sheriff's Office.

The department thanks the Douglas Co Sheriff's Department and agencies assisting them.

They found the victims, but Jayme was not there and no gun was found, the Barron County sheriff said at the time.

A suspect has been taken into custody and there are no other details available, but the sheriff will give a press briefing at 10 a.m. Friday.

Barron County Sheriff Chris Fitzgerald at a news conference when Jayme Closs disappeared.

Law enforcement officials haven't ruled out that Jayme unwittingly played a part in the crime.

"Tonight, we actually got false news again this afternoon and I really had my hopes up then", Sue Allard said.

Relatives of Closs spoke to FOX 9 Thursday night to describe what finding her means to the family.

Authorities at the home of James and Denise Closs, found dead on Monday in Barron, Wisconsin.

Closs disappeared October 15, 2018, the same day her parents - James and Denise Closs - were found shot to death inside their Barron home.

'Finally, we want to especially thank the family for their support and patience while this case was ongoing.

A 13-year-old U.S. girl who went missing in October after her parents were shot dead at home has been found alive, authorities said Thursday (Friday NZ time).

Jayme Closs has been located. "From the bottom of my heart THANK YOU!" She said the family is focused on supporting Jayme.

Shortly after she was found, a suspect in the case was taken into custody.

Detectives have pursued thousands of tips, watched dozens of surveillance videos and spent countless hours searching for Closs since her October 15 disappearance.

On Oct. 15, officers responding to a 911 call for help arrived at the home of James, 56, and Denise Closs, 46. "I've always been a glass half-full kind of guy", Sheriff Fitzgerald said at the time.