Saturday, 20 October, 2018

Ant McPartlin pleads guilty to drink driving after auto crash

Ant McPartlin Alesha Dixon Amanda Holden Simon Cowell David Walliams and Declan Donnelly attending a Britain´s Got Talent Ant McPartlin Alesha Dixon Amanda Holden Simon Cowell David Walliams and Declan Donnelly attending a Britain´s Got Talent
Stacy Diaz | 17 April, 2018, 02:13

The court heard that he was more than twice over the legal limit when the crash occurred.

The TV host appeared in court this morning.

.

One of the other drivers involved in the accident told the court that he and his wife "could have died" because of McPartlin's reckless driving, the BBC said.

McPartlin, who is half of presenting duo Ant and Dec for United Kingdom broadcaster ITV, was arrested on suspicion of drunk driving March 18 after a collision in the London neighborhood of Richmond.

Ant McPartlin's wage was revealed as he faced charges of drink driving in court today.

The driver of one, reading a witness statement, said that his auto "came round the corner like a rocket".

The driver of the Mini vehicle said afterwards, the court heard, that they thought they would die in the collision.

His breathalyser reading was 75mcg of alcohol per 100ml of breath - the legal limit is 35 mcg.

His fine was based on his estimated weekly earnings of £130,000 per week, while his driving ban could be reduced to 15 months if he chooses to attend a drink-driving referral scheme.

He said he is "truly sorry for what happened " outside the Wimbledon Magistrates Court.

"High standards are expected of me, I expect them of myself".

His defence barrister Liam Walker also said 42-year-old Ant had suffered a "brief relapse" - which his mum had no idea about - and he "hopes he can be forgiven by the many people he has let down". "Anthony McPartlin is sorry and is doing everything he can to ensure this never happens again", Mr Walker said.

'I accept full culpability for this and wish to apologise to all those concerned'. For that I'm truly sorry'.

He added that he was thankful "no-one had been hurt" in the three-car crash, which occurred in Richmond, London, on 18th March.

The TV presenter has been put off the road for 20 months and fined £86,000 after crashing in London last month.

But ITV has confirmed Donnelly will be hosting the live shows without his TV partner of nearly 30 years.