Sunday, 21 October, 2018

Terry Crews' Sexual Assault Case Denied By Los Angeles DA

Charges Won't Be Filed Against WME Agent Accused of Groping Terry Crews Adam Venit who Crews accused of groping him will not be going to court. By Ariel Sobel March 08 2018 2:29 PM EST
Melinda Barton | 09 March, 2018, 18:14

Encouraged by the #MeToo movement, Crews came forward in October with accusations of misconduct by Venit at a Hollywood party, where Venit allegedly grabbed Crews's genitals over his trousers.

The Los Angeles County city attorney has declined actor Terry Crews's sexual assault complaint against former agent Adam Venit because the misdemeanor already falls outside the statute of limitations.

Terry Crews (l.) previously claimed that his agent at William-Morris Endeavors, Adam Venit (r.), groped him at a party in February 2016.

In November of 2017, Crews filed an official police complaint against Venit, but the office of the Los Angeles District Attorney dismissed the case because Crews filed it too late.

The report happened over a year since the incident, but Crews insinuated on Twitter there is more to the case being dropped.

The agency had previously claimed in a January 30 court filing this year that, "WME decisively addressed and punished the conduct Mr. Crews alleges that Mr. Venit engaged".

Last month, Crews revealed that he's still paying William-Morris even after firing the agency.

Crews fired WME as his agency and filed a separate civil suit against both the agency and Venit. Venit is still employed by WME. "I don't understand. It was actually so freakish", Crews said.

Regardless, Crews is determined to find a way to persecute Venit. This is Hollywood, it is insane. He denied Crews' sexual harassment claims, and he said that he had grabbed Crews but that it was not in a sexual way. The actor further explained in a series of tweets saying that he and his wife were at a Hollywood function the year before and a Hollywood executive of a higher level came over to him and groped his privates.