Friday, 23 March, 2018

Ryan Seacrest denies sexual abuse claims made by his former stylist

Ryan Seacrest Denies Sexual Assault Allegation Made by His Personal Stylist Ryan Seacrest's Longtime Girlfriend Jumps to Defense, Says He's Too Kind for Abuse at Work
Nellie Chapman | 02 March, 2018, 10:52

"I don't think any smart person would". So far the host's business partners are standing by him.

According to Page Six, there are publicists who are planning to help their clients avoid Ryan and E! at the Oscars.

Kelly Ripa and Ryan Seacrest host "Live with Kelly and Ryan". Seacrest is being paid $12 million a year for his work on "Idol" - having closed the deal with the FremantleMedia-produced competition within weeks of starting his daytime-talker duties - and $15 million per year for "Live".

A spokesperson for ABC declined to comment for this story. But should the network and Seacrest eventually part ways, it'll be interesting to see in which direction his professional ties will go. Although he no longer works on the daily "E!"

E! has confirmed that Seacrest will still host coverage from the Oscars red carpet on Sunday as planned.

This decision struck some as questionable given that the #MeToo and Time's Up movements against sexual harassment are likely to figure prominently in red carpet interviews, in comments by presenters and award winners and even in the show's editorial content. I don't have a problem with talking about what women are wearing.

The Oscars red carpet pre-show will be broadcast on Foxtel's E! on Monday from 9am.

Seacrest accused his former stylist Hardy of attempting to blackmail him, in a statement provided to People on Tuesday.

Hardy said that she was afraid to speak out, because as a single mother, she feared she would not find another job that would allow her to financially provide for her child while having flexible work hours that would enable her to pick her child up from school every day. Jennifer and Catt are working on a Me Too docuseries together, and the actress noted that E! have yet to officially replace Catt - instead using an array of other women in her role. In an exclusive interview, the former E!

Seacrest has repeatedly denied accusations of misconduct.

Stylist Suzie Hardy came forward with her allegation on Monday through an interview with Variety. News in 2007, was subjected to unwanted touching by the talk show host.

Seacrest criticized Variety for publishing a "salacious story" even though an independent investigator found "insufficient evidence" to support the claims. What made this news was an eyewitness who says he saw some of the abuse firsthand as well as a scathing rebuke from Seacrest himself, claiming total and absolute innocence.

Daniel Holloway, who wrote the Variety story, told CBS News on Tuesday: "We obviously wouldn't have published this story if we didn't feel that it was highly credible and highly compelling".

Of the investigation Hardy felt "it was obvious the investigator was whitewashing it for Seacrest's side".