The judges have found 205 people guilty of terror-related offences- including the"mastermind behind the abduction of the Chibok girls
21 February, 2018, 11:26
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that terrorists attacked the town on Monday and carted away foodstuffs at the Government Girls College, while firing sporadically forcing staff and students to flee for safety.
Residents and civilian militia in Dapchi say they believe the jihadists had planned to kidnap schoolgirls in their town too.
Mr. Abdulmaliki had earlier said three men were kidnapped by the insurgents from a nearby community attacked after the attack on Dapchi.
When the Boko Haram fighters got to the school, they found it empty - but they looted it anyway.
But, after their release, the terrorist group has struck the school again.
But more than 100 schoolgirls are still being held by Boko Haram, and their whereabouts are unknown.
In spite of the recent attacks by the boko haram insurgents in the north east region, the military insists that the Boko Haram insurgents have been completely defeated.
The sentences against the 250 accused put an end to long proceedings that involved 1,000 members of the terrorist group, the main, but not the only force against the Nigerian central Government and 526 of which were exonerated for different reasons, from lack of evidence to mental illnesses and including minority.
This happened as more than 200 people were convicted in Nigeria on charges related to their involvement with militant Islamist group Boko Haram, the justice ministry said on Monday.
The kidnapping drew the world's attention to the jihadist insurgency in northeast Nigeria. The 35-year-old was jailed for 15 years.
Isa said the panels comprising four judges tried a total of 301 cases. A further 468 suspects were discharged and 28 suspects were remanded for trial in Abuja or Minna.