Monday, 19 November, 2018

MS man alerted Federal Bureau of Investigation to FL school shooter months before massacre

MS man alerted Federal Bureau of Investigation to FL school shooter months before massacre MS man alerted Federal Bureau of Investigation to FL school shooter months before massacre
Melissa Porter | 16 February, 2018, 02:13

It is unclear whether it is the same Nikolas Cruz, who has been charged with 17 counts of murder after the massacre at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland.

Bennight's email to the FBI's tip box bounced, with an error message saying that the email address does not exist.

Bennight, who BuzzFeed reports is a bail bondsman, spoke with the Federal Bureau of Investigation past year for about 20 minutes, and there was no follow-up from the Federal Bureau of Investigation after that initial conversation, Pegues reports.

Former FBI Director Robert Mueller, now heading the Congressional probe into alleged Russian meddling in the 2016 U.S. election, admitted in 2013 that the bureau had been warned two years earlier that Tamerlan Tsarnaev, the elder of two brothers who carried out the Boston bombing, was becoming radicalized. He noted that the YouTube user who reported the comment lives in MS and said that investigators saw nothing to link it to Florida.

He told BuzzFeed News: "They came to my office the next morning and asked me if I knew anything about the person".

Bennight told Pegues he spoke with the FBI Wednesday night again for about 20 minutes. "And when you hear that there were warnings like that, they have to do a better job".

Later in the day, agents from the MS field office visited Bennight and questioned him about Cruz.

"I think it was just one of those random things that happened to land on my desk", Bennight said.

Students who knew Mr Cruz have described him as troubled. They wanted to know if he knew anything more after first reporting the YouTube video a year ago.

People are brought out of the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School after a shooting at the school that reportedly killed and injured multiple people on February 14, 2018 in Parkland, Florida.

Teacher Jim Gard told The Miami Herald that Cruz was not allowed back on the school grounds.

The Nikolas Cruz account was still active on YouTube until Wednesday evening.

YouTube users discovered another alarming comment that has since been deleted, The Sun reported.