Monday, 17 December, 2018

Weather: High near 56 today but cold weather lurking

Weather: High near 56 today but cold weather lurking Weather: High near 56 today but cold weather lurking
Melinda Barton | 12 January, 2018, 21:00

Cloudy, with a high near 62. Southeast wind 5 to 10 miles per hour. There will be a 30 percent chance for snow after midnight. Temperatures will fall to around 24 degrees by 5 p.m. Low around 31. Breezy, with a south wind 11 to 21 miles per hour becoming west northwest after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 70 percent. It is possible roads will become icy for the Friday morning commute as temperatures quickly drop into the 20s.

After a brief warmup, Chattanooga could be in for some light snow this weekend. Snow tapers off in the afternoon.

Low: -7. Day: Partly cloudy and cold with northwest winds 5-10 miles per hour. Little or no snow accumulation expected.

Thursday, rain and sleet are likely before 10 a.m., then a chance of snow between 10 a.m. and 1 p.m., the weather service said. Today's high will be near 45 with a light and variable wind becoming northwest around 5 miles per hour, the weather service forecast said. New ice accumulation of less than a 0.1 of an inch possible. New sleet accumulation of less than a half inch possible.

Friday night: Partly cloudy with a low around 19.

Wind chill will be a factor too because of gusty winds from the northwest. Chance of precipitation is 40 percent. Day: Overcast with a 50 percent chance for snow in the morning tapering to snow showers in the afternoon. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 61.

Thursday night: Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming clear, with a low around 7.

Friday night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 21 below. Cloudy, with a high near 57.

Tonight Rain and snow before 2am, then snow likely, possibly mixed with freezing rain between 2am and 3am, then snow likely after 3am. Cloudy, with a low around 10.

Thursday: A 40 percent chance of snow before noon.

Day - Partly sunny, with a high near 17.