Saturday, 25 November, 2017

Weinstein sued by actress for 2016 'rape'

Harvey Weinstein & TWC Hit With Sexual Battery & Assault Suit By Gloria Allred For New Accuser Harvey Weinstein, The Weinstein Co. Sued By Women Who Claim Massive Cover-Up
Stacy Diaz | 15 November, 2017, 09:54

News on Tuesday, a spokesperson for Weinstein said, "Any allegations of non-consensual sex are unequivocally denied by Mr. Weinstein".

According to the 20-page document, the actress, referred to as Jane Doe, met Weinstein in 2011 at a party at Chateau Marmont, where the mogul allegedly offered to help with her acting career and got her phone number.

The woman reportedly met Weinstein at the Montage Hotel in Beverly Hills in late 2015 to discuss an acting job.

Furthermore, Harvey can't speak to anonymous allegations but denies all of them outright, and any relationships he's had have been consensual.

The following year the woman met Weinstein after he told her that he wants to celebrate "her upcoming role in Marco Polo giving her the impression that she had been chosen for the part".

This time she says he excused himself and came back in nothing but a robe before holding her down and forcing cunnilingus on her.

She then said that he used his "massive weight and strength" to penetrate her without a condom. After he withdrew, he gripped her with one hand while using his other hand to masturbate.

Weinstein, who was sacked by the Weinstein Co last month, has sued his former employer for company records that he says could help him defend himself against sexual assault allegations, and for a wrongful termination case, according to court documents.

After the alleged attack, the woman says he contacted her again "and acted as if nothing had happened".

Further, the woman alleges that she could not stop Weinstein due to his size. The actress "finally broke free from his grasp and immediately left the bedroom and suite".

Tuesday's suit also states that TWC was aware of Weinstein's pattern "of using his power and the promise of procuring jobs to coerce and force actresses to engage in sexual acts with him".

The New York Police Department is now gathering evidence against Weinstein after detectives interviewed actress Paz de la Huerta, who claims Weinstein raped her twice in 2010. Police in New York, Los Angeles, Beverly Hills and London have said they are investigating allegations of sexual assault or rape by Weinstein.

Because the Weinstein Co knew of the movie producer's misconduct toward women, it was liable for the pain he inflicted, according to the lawsuit, which is seeking undisclosed damages.