Saturday, 25 November, 2017

Actor continued career after removal from set for allegedly violating minor

Now 26 an actor who once worked with Tom Sizemore is exploring options to have him charged for sexual misconduct Tom Sizemore Accused of Molesting 11 Year Old Girl on Movie Set Kevin Burwick
Stacy Diaz | 14 November, 2017, 14:38

They confirmed that Sizemore was told to leave the set after the young actress told her parents that the 55-year-old Sizemore touched her genitals.

Three of the film's producers said Sizemore was removed from the set as soon as they learned about the accusation, but claimed examination of the photos taken on-set didn't provide material evidence of the girl's abuse.

The website reported November 13 that one dozen cast and crew members corroborated details of the alleged incident, which happened during production of the 2005 indie film Born Killers.

PEOPLE's request to Sizemore's reps for comment were not immediately returned. She soon reintegrated and kept going, although she had trouble taking direction. The now 26-year-old actress declined to be identified, but others who worked on the set remember the drama vividly.

"We also talked to Tom at the time and told him everything that had been told to us and he said: 'I've done a lot of bad things, and I'd never do anything with kids'". "I heard something happened on the set but I didn't realize it involved a child". Sizemore reportedly denied his co-star's claim at the time, though The Hollywood Reporter claims that both his management firm and talent agency stopped working with him afterward.

He is best known for his roles in action films and dramas, especially Saving Private Ryan in 1998 and Black Hawk Down and Pearl Harbor in 2001. When questioned by the Hollywood Reporter over the allegation, his agent Stephen Rice said "our position is 'no comment'".

Casting director Catrine McGregor, who was the first to contact the magazine about the alleged incident, said the girl's agent told her the day after it happened that she told her mother. Producer Gus Spoliansky said they had a "fiduciary responsibility" to oversee the film's continued production, even though producers "took the allegation extremely seriously" and "were willing to do anything, including dismissing Tom". We're talking about consistent behavior, just being "Tom Sizemore" on set every day.

Mufas says some members of the production staff "reached for hammers" and had to be talked down from confronting Sizemore.

"They did talk to the police but didn't press charges", one of the movie's producers, Michael Manshel, told the publication.

In February, he pleaded no contest to two misdemeanor charges of domestic abuse for assaulting his girlfriend in July 2016, and was previously arrested for suspected battery on a woman in 2009 and 2011.