Thursday, 19 July, 2018

Texas Tech: Campus officer shot, killed

Allison Ralston

The Texas Tribune thanks its sponsors Allison Ralston The Texas Tribune thanks its sponsors
Sherri Watson | 10 October, 2017, 18:43

University spokesperson Chris Cook said an officer was shot and killed at the campus police headquarters.

"The family of the deceased officer will be in the prayers of the entire Texas Tech the coming days, we will be offering full support to that family".

The suspect, 19-year-old Hollis Daniels, got away after the shooting, sending the school in lockdown as police propelled a manhunt in Lubbock, Texas, experts said. The University campus in Lubbock was on lockdown for almost two hours until the suspect was apprehended.

The time of the initial call was 7:50 p.m., and the address was 413 Flint Avenue.

An investigation is underway following a deadly shooting of a Texas Tech University Campus Officer. The lockdown was lifted after the suspect was taken into custody.

The suspect was identified by authorities as Hollis A. Daniels.

Copyright 2017 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc.

"Lubbock police confirm that a Texas Tech police officer has been shot and killed at Texas Tech Police Headquarters", the television station reported. "LPD officers were close behind and assisted". Central time after an on-campus shooting and reports from the school's emergency system that the shooter was on the move.

Reports on social media indicated that the shooter was at large, and the campus was in lockdown mode.

Students and faculty were advised to take shelter in a safe place while officials searched for the suspect. Bonath restated previously given information and said more details will be available in the coming days.

The shooting on Monday night caused panic throughout the campus.

Texas Technical University was locked down for more than an hour Monday evening, October 9, 2017, after a university police officer was shot and killed.

State Law Enforcement Police are assisting with the investigation. Officers brought the suspect to the campus police station.