Sunday, 20 August, 2017

Palestinians deny IS claim for deadly attack on Israeli

Israeli borderguards search a Palestinian man outside Damascus Gate in Jerusalem's Old City Israeli borderguards search a Palestinian man outside Damascus Gate in Jerusalem's Old City
Melinda Barton | 20 June, 2017, 02:39

Malka wrestled with the man for several seconds as he stabbed her multiple times before other officers saw what was happening and opened fire, killing him, police said.

This headline left out the fact that the three terrorists were killed, only after they they attempted to assault Israeli policemen and killed a young Staff Sgt. Maj.

More recently it claimed the June 2 attack on the Resorts World Manila, where 36 people were slain in a gun attack.

The Palestinian Center for Human Rights (PCHR) strongly condemned these measures and stressed they fall within the collective punishment policy which is prohibited in the global human rights law.

Let the Jews expect the demise of their entity at the hands of the Caliphate soldiers. It was the first attack in Israel or the Israeli-occupied West Bank claimed by Islamic State.

Earlier this year, Islamic State claimed it had launched a rocket attack from Egypt's Sinai Peninsula into Israel.

It was one in two incidents in which three Palestinians armed with semi-automatic weapons and knives attacked Israeli guards in the Old City.

IS issued a statement taking responsibility for the stabbing and shooting attacks Friday evening.

The Times of Israel said, though, that "Israeli officials cast doubt on both claims, saying there was no indication of ISIS involvement, and that the attack did not appear to have been directed by any group".

Three suspected Palestinian attackers were shot dead by security forces, Israeli police said Friday. He said it was a move to "confuse the media and distort the reputation of the Palestinian resistance".

At least three other people were injured in the attacks, two of them Palestinian bystanders who were hit by gunfire, Israeli newspaper Haaretz reports.

Following the deadly attack, Israel immediately ramped up punitive measures, rescinding more than 250,000 permits allowing Palestinians to enter Jerusalem for Ramadan celebrations.

A spokesman for Israel's Shin Bet internal security agency told AFP it was "impossible to corroborate [the IS claim] at this point".

Following the attack, the Israeli army raided Deir Abu Mashal, the village near Ramallah the three perpetrators hailed from, sealing off its entrances and mapping out the homes of the three for demolition. Fatah added that "the global community's silence emboldened Israel to further spill the blood of Palestinians".

On Tuesday, US Secretary of State Rex Tillerson said the Palestinian Authority had agreed to halt payments to the families of slain attackers, including suicide bombers. IS "claims that it carried out the attack are meant to shuffle the cards". On January 8, a Palestinian drove a truck into a group of Israeli soldiers, killing four.

The group warned that "this attack will not be the last".

Instead, an obscure Palestinian group known as the "Groups of Martyr Baha Eleyan" claimed responsibility. Israeli security services say the group has small pockets of support in the Gaza Strip, the West Bank and East Jerusalem, but the majority of Palestinians support rival Palestinian factions Fatah or Hamas.

"A proposal was made, and the topic is still in the stages of study and discussion", a spokesperson for the Israeli police said. She was imbued with a sense of mission of defending the State of Israel.