Sunday, 16 December, 2018

"Get Your Roses Ready": Lil Wayne Announces New 'Funeral' Project

Stacy Diaz | 28 November, 2016, 22:42

The rapper was set to headline the SummerFall Concert on the Dutch Caribbean island on Saturday (November 26), with reports suggesting that organisers had said that the 34-year-old had been unable to perform after suffering a seizure. Rick Ross, Meek Mill, French Montana and Fat Joe are amongst the other artists on the line-up at the Stadion Ergilio Hato.

Lil Wayne stopped by The Nine Club and announced that he has a new project, Funeral, on the way.

However, the rapper's representative claims it is not true and the real reason why Lil Wayne did not show up is because of a breach of contract.

The rapper, who has yet to comment on the drama, has suffered seizures related to his struggles with epilepsy in the past.

This past July, it was rumored that he had missed a show at Tao nightclub in Las Vegas because of another seizure, but then told fans it was a "false alarm".

The 33-year-old took to Twitter to insist his medical emergency wasn't as serious as reported, but thanked his fans for their messages of support regardless. "If you are a Wayne fan, and I know we've been going through a lot of tough times right now, we're about to hold our heads high soon".

Whether or not Wayne had an ailment is to be determined, but he has a storied history with seizures.